Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Katy's Noro Shawl

A couple of months ago I blogged about my Noro Shawl. The yarn was a pain to work with, but the finished project was great. It inspired this beautiful shawl, crocheted by Katy.



Don't you just love the colorway she chose. It looks gorgeous. The pattern was found here on Ravelry.

Here is a photo from the pattern



and here is my version (if you don't want to go back to my original post)





I love the look of the Noro, but still have no desire to work with it again (yet)

If you have a project you would like me to blog about...just send me a photo or link. I would love to blog about any projects inspired by my patterns or projects.

Check back with me. I am having a giveaway in a few days. I'll be giving away an actual item this time, not a pattern.

Have a great week!


12 comments:

  1. I never worked with Noro, but after seeing your gorgeous shawlette, I really want to find some of this beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your shawl is beautiful! I love the colours.

      Delete
  2. oh wie schön ein wunderschönes Tuch und die Farben einfach toll.

    LG Herta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting your pattern! Without it I couldn't have made the shawl, I wear it prety much all the time and look forward to making another one, in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shawl and the stunning colours too. I may give this one ago ( well add to my ever growing to crochet & knit list!)
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours of both shawls, very beautiful. I hear Noro is very difficult to work with and so I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shawl too...I also have some Noro in my stash, never worked with...so what´s the matter with it??? I am just curious;-))

    Gaby from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gaby,

      If you want to read about my frustration as I worked with it, you can go to the original post. I think I linked back to it above in this post. If not, I'll just say that it feels a little rough before wetting or blocking. It tangles up and there are so many thin, thick spots throughout the skein. I do warm up to it after wetting while blocking. When it dries, it feels softer. The colorways are the only reason that I use the stuff.
      Thanks,
      Liz

      Delete
  7. Helo, I'm from Portugal, and I love your work, thank you for sharing such beautifull things (sorry if my english is not correct). I'm new around and I'm already following you. Really nice blog.
    If you like to visit me, I will be very pleased.
    http://crochetdacarla.blogspot.pt

    Love from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME!!! The colors are great!!
    I am so happy I found your blog!!
    I am pretty new to crocheting and your blog is truly inspiring!!
    Warm greeting from Iceland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Süper güzel bir şal elinize sağlık ben çok beğendim iyi günlerde kullan arkadaşım sevgiler.

    ReplyDelete